Scott Karstens, the Founder, and CEO of Quote Bot, is responsible for all the content on quote-bot.com, along with our content team. We follow the Society of Professional Journalists’ code of ethics, and in some cases, our own proprietary information and data may be used to write about a company or product. The information presented comes from our collective personal experiences, industry data, customer feedback, and opinions.
Occasionally, we may consult with experts to provide insight into a topic if we feel it adds value to your experience and learning. When third-party experts are consulted, we thoroughly validate their professional experience. Our goal is to ensure they are fully qualified to provide commentary on the topic.
Before publishing any article, our articles go through a review process before it is ultimately published for your benefit. This process keeps us from publishing mistakes and keeps the most relevant content in front of you.
Content appearing on Quote-Bot.com may include data from the following sources:
- Third-party websites: We regularly link to articles on external websites to provide further clarification and validation for the topic at hand. We will also consult third-party websites for research purposes, such as review articles.
- Third-party experts: Occasionally, we consult with professionals not employed by Quote Bot to provide insight into a topic if we feel it adds value to your experience and learning.
- Internal company data: We occasionally cite internal statistics, given our past experience as well as our current quote, application, and claims experience in this industry. We may also conduct consumer surveys and mention the said survey(s) results in certain pieces of content.
- Insurance industry data: Data from industry-related groups such as the Insurance Information Institute (III), National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and Life Insurance Marketing and Research Association (LIMRA) will sometimes be cited to supplement our commentary.
- Government data: We may also use government data sources from departments such as Bureau of Labor and Statistics, longtermcare.gov, Social Security Administration and United States Census Bureau.
Regardless of the source being used to provide further reference to a piece of content, we will always correctly give proper credit to the contributing author.
We write about subjects related to life insurance and the life insurance planning process. This content may reference investment and/or tax planning, but we do not provide investment, tax, or legal expertise. We write each article to address a particular need or topic so we can help you make educated decisions about buying life insurance.
Every article or post that refers to statistical information will come with a reference. We have verified these references for their accuracy as part of our review process to make sure they are relevant to the topic and come from credible sources.
Various portions of our website will display actual reviews from Quote Bot customers. We utilize Google My Business for reviews and we publicly view and reply to these reviews. After each customer’s quote or finalized application, we invite them to leave us a review of their experience. Whether good or bad; all customer reviews are visible on the Google My Business website.
Articles and Posts are reviewed and fact-checked by members of our editorial team, when needed, we use outside sources including certified financial planners, certified public accountants, and licensed financial advisors. This additional level of review ensures that:
- Articles use the most accurate facts and figures
- Third-party sources are suitably vetted
- Advice given aligns with Quote Bot’s Mission.
Updating, correcting, and deleting articles and posts
We regularly review and update existing articles. It’s common for insurance carriers to change their rates, applications, and underwriting. We have also had a more frequently changing regulation and tax environment which causes change. This may mean we will delete articles that become obsolete over time.
Since we have people writing our content, which means it’s subject to the occasional mishap. While this is rare due to our review process, it’s possible we could make a mistake. When we become aware of an error, we promptly update the content to remove the erroneous information.
Found an error? Let Us Know
How We Get Paid
A common question we receive is “how do you get paid?”. The answer is that the Insurance Companies we work with create products such as 10 year term, 20 year term, 30 year term and so on. We get paid by the insurance company for distributing the product (making it easy for you to buy the product) and for servicing you once you have bought a product. This payment does not change the pricing for your insurance and it’s not something that can be changed. All insurance operates this way. We get paid the least on 10 year term insurance, and we get paid the most on 20 year term and 30 year term insurance. We strive to provide the best information and resources for you to make sound decision regardless of what we make for the product you purchase.
Quote Bot is an independent insurance agency and is not affiliated with any company. We do represent these companies for compensation and these earnings are at no additional cost to you, and they do not influence editorial content and we only recommend products we love. We may make references to products or services from one or more of these Insurance Companies.
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com